More pages in this section
The Marian School was established in 1988 in the The Bicentenary of Papal Marian Year, with the closure and amalgamation of three local schools; St Margaret Mary’s Primary (Hyde Park), Holy Family (Gulliver), St John Fisher’s College (Currajong). These three schools had been run by the Good Samaritan, Mercy Sisters and Christian Brothers respectively, and the ethos of these orders has been incorporated into the life of the current school where families are the focus, with emphasis upon developing the whole child, socially, emotionally, academically and spiritually, in a welcoming, warm and caring environment. It was called The Marian School at the request of the then Bishop, Bishop Raymond Benjamin to commemorate the ‘Marian Year’.
The Marian School is located on the old St John Fisher’s College grounds. St John Fisher’s College was opened in 1952 with 3 Christian brothers and 125 students in the building still referred to as ‘The Ark’ and currently housing Before/After School and Vacation Care.
Through the years there have been many additions and renovations to buildings, and the school buildings are set in the 21st Century. They are modern, fully air-conditioned and well maintained.
Currently, Marian Catholic School (in 2010 the name was changed to include ‘Catholic’) caters for a diverse clientele, with classes from Prep to Year 6.